Mental Health Referrals & Community Resources

General Counseling: Mobile

  1. USA Psychology Clinic, located on Main Campus. The psychology clinic also provides reduced rates based on income for patients willing to see graduate psychology students who are under the supervision of a licensed psychologist. Phone: 460-7149.
  2. Victory Health Partners offers free counseling for employed individuals who do not have any form of insurance. 3750 Professional Parkway, Mobile. Phone: 460-0999
  3. Family Counseling Center offers sliding scale counseling services and they also have a financial credit counseling program. 705 Oak Circle Dr. E., Mobile. Phone: 602-0909
  4. Catholic Social Services offers sliding scale counseling services. Patients do not have to be Catholic to receive services. 400 Government St., Mobile. 434-1550.
  5. Alta Point offers comprehensive in-patient and out-patient services. Phone: 450-2211
  6. Pro-Kids offers counseling for children and their parents. 457-4170 or 508-1954. (accepts Medicaid, All Kids, and other types of insurance).
  7. Alabama Psychiatric Services, 1015

Psychiatrists: Mobile

  1. Dr. John Cranton, 273 Azalea Rd. Mobile, Phone: 343-0180. Adolescents and Adults
  2. Dr. Todd Luellen, 3263 Demetropolis Rd., Mobile. Phone: 602-5850. Children, Adolescents, and Adults.
  3. Dr. Bayani Abordo, Alta Point 501 Bishop Lane, Mobile. Phone: 473-4423. Has a specialty in Geriatric psychiatry. Patient will need to call Access to Care line first. Will need a physician referral to specifically request this psychiatrist.
  4. Dr. Christopher Jenkins, 576 Azalea Rd. Suite 105, Mobile. Phone: 665-5360.

Psychiatrists: Baldwin County

  1. Dr. Ronnie Pollard, Gulf Coast Behavioral Medicine, 16478 Highway 98, Foley, AL 36535. Phone: 965-2145.
  2. Dr. Terry Passman, 761-B Middle Avenue, Fairhope, Phone: 928-4750.

ADHD Referrals

  1. USA Psychology Clinic, Dr. Marty Rohling or Dr. Ben Hill. Both are neuropsychologists
    Phone: 460-7149. The psychology clinic also provides reduced rates based on income for patients willing to see graduate psychology students who are under the supervision of a licensed psychologist.
  2. Dr. Melissa Ogden, a neuropsychologist. 2450 Old Shell Road. Phone: 478-3044.
  3. East Bay Counseling Center, Dr. Kathy Heath, LPC, 50 S. Greeno Rd. Phone: 928-1658.

Substance Abuse Treatment Programs

  1. Alcoholics Anonymous Central Office: 600 Bel Air Blvd., Mobile. 479-9994. Call for list of active meetings for all types of 12 step programs. 24 Hour Help Line: 1-800-711-6375.
  2. Drug Education Council: 3000 Television Avenue Mobile, AL 36606. Phone: (251) 478-7855 They can provide referrals and educational information.
  3. A good on-line recovery program.

Mobile Substance Abuse Treament

  1. Bradford Health Services, 1000 Hillcrest Road, Mobile. Phone: 633-0900. May, 2013
  2. Franklin Primary Health Center, 1055 Dauphin St. Phone: 434-8195
  3. Alta Point Substance Abuse Services, 666-2569
  4. Salvation Army, Dauphin Way Lodge, offers both inpatient and outpatient services for men only. 1009 Dauphin St., Mobile. Phone: 438-4729
  5. Emma’s Harvest Home, for women only. 722 Sullivan Ave., Mobile. Phone: 478-8768.
  6. Second Choice, for women only. 552 and 554 Holcombe Ave. Mobile. Phone: 479-5710 or 473-2683.
  7. Wave of Hope, an outpatient treatment program for adolescents and young adults. Phone: 554-6611.

Baldwin County Substance Abuse Treatment

  1. Baldwin County Mental Health Center, Locations throughout the county, Phone: 990-4190
  2. The Harbor at Thomas Hospital, offers out-patient counseling and intensive day treatment program. 750 Morphy Ave., Fairhope. Phone: 990-1119.
  3. The Shoulder, 31214 Coleman Lane, Spanish Fort. 626-2199. Inpatient treatment for men and outpatient treatment for men, and women. Family support groups and individual counseling are also available. They also have an outpatient program in Foley. Call the main number for information on the Foley program.
  4. Saving Grace Home for Women, Inc. 23790 US. Highway 90, Robertsdale. Phone: 946-3355.

Parenting Training

  1. The Exchange Club of Mobile. 601 Bel Air Blvd, Suite 309 Mobile, AL 36606 Phone: 251-662-3504.
  2. USA Psychology Clinic, UCOM Building on corner of Old Shell Rd. and University Blvd. Phone: 460-7149
  3. Pro-Kids, Inc. 457-4170 or 508-1954. (accepts Medicaid, All Kids, and other types of insurance).

Child Advocacy Services

  1. DHR Mobile: Child Abuse/Neglect Reporting: 479-4616, Administration/Information: 450-9100
  2. DHR Baldwin County: Child Welfare: 947-8340, Main number: 945-2400.
  3. Child Advocacy Center: 1351 Springhill Ave. Mobile 36604. Phone: 432-1101.
  4. Care House: 108 Blackburn Ave., Bay Minette, AL 36507. Phone: 937-2273.

Bereavement and Grief Support

  1. The Compassionate Friends. Phone: 432-6200. Provides support for those who have lost a daughter or son of any age. The Compassionate Friends meet the second Tuesday of the month (unless noted) at 7pm at Dauphin Way United Methodist Church, at the corner of Dauphin and Catherine. They meet in the basement of the sanctuary building. The Infant Groups meets at the same place and time.

  2. Bay Area Grief Coalition
    Phone: (251)432-6200 or (251)471-1511 FAX-(251) 471-6980
    Web Site:
    Hours: Meetings are 3rd Saturday of each month at 10:00am in the Family Life Room
    Requirements: Children ages 4 thru 19 years old grieving the loss of a close family member.
    Services: Provides grief support for children and teens, ages 4-19. A separate meeting is held for the
    parents at the same time.
  1. A good on line source for those who have lost loved ones.


  1. Penelope House: Domestic Violence Shelter for Mobile, Clark and Washington Counties. Phone: 342-3144. (for women, children and men who have been victims of domestic violence).
  2. The Lighthouse: Domestic Violence Shelter for Baldwin County. Phone: 947-6008 or 1-800-650-6522.
  3. Homeless Coalition of the Gulf Coast-can provide information on the various shelters in Mobile and surrounding areas. Phone: 450-3345.

Dr. Bogar can provide additional referrals for patients who want to see a therapist in private practice.