Alabama Department of Human Resources Suspected Child Abuse/Neglect Report Form
This is a PDF version of the paper report that can be filled out on computer then printed. It is also available at http://www.dhr.state.al.us/large_docs/ChilAbuseForm.pdf.

Approach To Interpreting Physical And Laboratory Findings In Suspected Child Sexual Abuse
This document describes physical and lab findings that may be seen in both abused and normal children, and how to differentiate between them.

To report suspected abuse or neglect in a child (under 18 years of age):
Fill out the report form.
Call the Mobile County Department of Human Resources at (251) 450-9100 to talk to an intake coordinator.  They will collect initial information, and give you instructions to fax the form.

To examine and evaluate a suspected abuse victim:
If the event took place less than 72 hours ago, refer to the Children’s Evaluation Center at USA Children and Women’s hospital.
If the event took place over 72 hours ago, refer to the Child Advocacy Center/SCAN Clinic as below.

Child Advocacy Center (CAC)
1351 Springhill Avenue
Mobile, AL  36604
Phone:  (251) 432-1101
Fax:  (251) 432-0330
Email: info@cacmobile.org
To report child abuse call 479-4616

Suspected Child Abuse and Neglect (SCAN) Clinic
Appointments are made by calling the Child Advocacy Center.
SCAN clinics are Monday AM, Tuesday AM and PM, and Wednesday AM.
If a DHR report has already been filed, DHR will probably have already referred them to the CAC/SCAN Clinic.
However, a physician may refer a patient to SCAN even without a DHR report, for instances, if there is need for further evaluation or consultation, but not enough suspicion that you are legally obligated to file a DHR report.

Dr. Jessica Kirk
Medical Director of Child Advocacy Center/SCAN Clinic
Phone via Child Advocacy Center:  (251) 432-1101
Phone via Midtown Pediatrics:  (251) 434-3917
Email: jkirk@usouthal.edu
Pager for emergent questions:  (251) 582-0451



To report suspected abuse or neglect of an adult (age 18 years and older):
Call the Mobile County Department of Human Resources at (251) 450-1800 to give a verbal report to an intake coordinator.